The financing period for the upcoming documentary FrackNation is coming to a rapid end. Tomorrow morning at 9:00am EDT, the filmmakers will get to collect their funding obtained at the crowdfunding site, Kickstarter.com. (That’s 6 am Pacific time.) They have almost reached $200,000 in pledges. We need to get them over that line…and beyond.
Hurry! This is your chance to be a producer of a movie. (Yes, a producer! Anyone donating at least $1—before the funding cut-off time—will be listed in the movie credits as an Executive Producer. Increase your contribution to a mere $20, and you will also receive a DVD copy of the documentary. There’s more goodies available for those with deeper pockets, too.)
The filmmakers wanted to nip in the bud any lefty, environmentally deranged accusations that they are just dopey tools of the oil and gas industry, so they have asked anyone working in the industry to withdraw any contributions the Kickstarter campaign. They want this movie to be 100% by ordinary citizens wanting the truth about fracking to be known.
This documentary could not be coming at a better time, just as the Left and the environmental fearmongers are kicking into high gear to put an end to a key to solving America’s energy problems and making us self-sufficient. (Don’t know much about what fracking is and why it is crucial to the economic success of this country? For some fracking facts, check out FracFocus.org, a Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow, and a pro-and-foe panel discussion transcribed at the Wall Street Journal.)
First, there was the lefty documentary Gasland claiming fracking makes people’s water flammable—but neglects to mention what the filmmakers wrote in a project update:
First, there are centuries old documents that state the water in many places across US was flammable because of naturally occurring methane. Second, hundreds and hundreds of people living in the places Josh Fox says were affected by fracking have told us how they always had methane in their wells they even used to bring the water to schools for science class experiments and sometimes set it on fire at parties (please DO NOT attempt doing that yourself). We decided this was very important information that the rest of the public should know about, so we put up a big billboard in New York State, where bans and moratoriums on fracking have put many families’ dreams and hopes on hold.Even the usually anti-fracking Huffington Post was forced to acknowledge our billboard and the truth and Yahoo News selected it as a Photo of The Day. “This is something that people need to know” Phelim said in an interview with the Blaze.
Joe Biden is out on the campaign trail, spreading misinformation and scaremongering, claiming fracking causes earthquakes.
Next comes a Gasland sequel (don’t hold your breath that it will correct any of the misinformation and hyperbole of the first one). And yesterday, we learned that Matt Damon will soon star in an anti-fracking Hollywood blockbuster that his fevered liberal brain has co-written. According to FrackNation filmmakers Ann McElhinney and Phelim McAleer:
PROMISED LAND will be directed by Gus Van Sant and co-star John Krasinski, who plays Jim in NBC’s The Office. This will be a huge movie – with a big budget and a lot of promotion and advertising and sources tell us it will be portraying fracking in a very negative light.
As you probably know, Matt Damon is just the latest Hollywood superstar to come out against fracking. Robert Redford, Debra Winger and Mark Ruffallo have also campaigned against the process.
We want to make FrackNation because we want the truth about fracking to b e told. But it will not be easy getting the message out with a sequel to Gasland in the works and now a big budget Hollywood movie concentrating on scare stories rather than true stories. Now, we recognize Hollywood movies don’t have to be truthful – they just have to be entertaining, but it’s likely thatPROMISED LAND will increase unfounded concerns about fracking.
Ann and Phelim need our help. (Yesterday was Phelim’s birthday. Contributions make excellent belated gifts.)
Want to learn more about the exciting new, factual documentary FrackNation? Go HERE and watch the short video from the filmmakers. Then go make a contribution to the movie before 9 o’clock Eastern tomorrow morning. (That’s 6am crack-of-dawn for you West Coasters.)
Still want more information before you’ll part with your Executive Producer money? FrackNation has been getting lots of press coverage. Here’s a sampling:
- Washington Times: HICKS: ‘FrackNation’ digs up the not-so-scary truth
- The Source with Ezra Levant (TV): What the Frack?
- Yahoo News:‘FrackNation’ Garners Thousands in Kickstarter Pledges
- The Blaze: Fracking Crazy’ or ‘Fracking Brilliant?’: A Look at the Pro-Fracking Documentary ‘FrackNation’
- RedState: State Department Promoting “Gasland”, Other Enviro Films To Foreign Audiences
- MailOnline: Americans back pro-drilling documentary instead of film about execution of ‘innocent’ cop killer
- The Telegraph: FrackNation: pay one dollar, become a movie mogul, save the world!
- The Chris Stigall Show: On Air Interview
- DailyMail (Blog): Kim Kardashian fund the movie
- The Ithaca Journal: New ‘FrackNation’ film challenges ‘Gasland’ science in frack debate
- The Observer-Reporter (PA): New Film Champions Natural Gas Industry
- The Wayne Independent (PA): Pro-fracking film offers executive producer credits for small investors
- New York Post: OpEd: “Frack Nation” Will the truth get out?
- The American Entrepreneur (Radio): On Air Interview
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Industry gets cast in ‘FrackNation,’ the latest documentary on the drilling debate
- Big Hollywood: Pro-fracking film laps anti-death penalty documentary
- The Bismarck Tribune: Fracking Documentary to be shown in Minot
- The Colorado Observer: New Film About Fracking Seeks to Counter Environmental Fearmongering
- Upstream: Movie ‘to expose’ murky fracking issue
- REELTALK: Radio Interview: What the Frack?
- Olean Times Herald: First ‘Gasland’, Now Comes ‘FrackNation’
- Erie Times News: Pennsylvania highlighted in a new gas-drilling film
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette: Santorum returns to PA next week
- Kevin Williamson, National Review: What the protesters don’t know about fracking. The Truth about fracking
Now go punch Hollywood in the gut. Become a producer. There’s only a few hours left to be part of it. I contributed. How about you?
NOTE: FrackNation has raised $200,000 from an army of citizens like you. But the sequel to frack-fearmonger Gasland has raised $750,000 through HBO and other corporate sources. Give all you’ve got. Let the truth prevail.