Unfortunately there is no new clever, or serious, or boring post on The Prudence Paine Papers tonight. In honor of the determination of the Left and the media to blame Sarah Palin’s “violent rhetoric” for the mass murders in Tucson, the right wing of Twitter was all atwitter today with a new hashtag game: #BlamePalin.
And so, I spent the evening fishing through the entertaining Twitter stream of all the numerous events and items for which Sarah Palin is surely to blame—according to the laws of liberal logic.
As a result, there is one thing for which I know Sarah Palin’s rhetoric is definitely to be blamed: no new Prudence post. #BlamePalin
Therefore, in substitution, I present some of my more favorite #BlamePalin hashtag game entries:
- the asteroid that killed all the dinosaurs #blamepalin
- oops… broken link [in that last tweet]. sorry! #blamepalin
- @BarackObama‘s failure as a President #blamepalin
- Fall of Rome #blamepalin
- Naked Rahm yelled at me in the shower #blamepalin
- Snuggies, Chia Pets and Mr. Microphone. #BlamePalin
- Continental Drift #BlamePalin
- The toilet seat was left up and I #BlamePalin
- My annoying habit of tapping my ballpoint pen against my glass eye when doing crossword puzzles? #blamepalin
- Driving troubled lunatics into insane fits of rage, causing them to get primetime host jobs at MSNBC #BlamePalin
- Destruction of the Aztecs, Creation of Pontiac Aztek #BlamePalin
- [NYTimes columnist] Paul Krugman’s confusion whether this hashtag game is sarcastic or not #BlamePalin
- 36 of Keith Olbermann’s last 43 nervous breakdowns #BlamePalin
Another clever hashtag game that was popular earlier in the day was #NewTone: gentle mockings of the media’s and the left’s hypocritical call to eliminate all “vitriolic” language, to adopt a new politically correct, Big Brother double-speak tone for public discourse.
- All episodes of William F Buckley’s “Firing Line” to undergo editing to rename as “Skip Thru the Meadow With Bill” #newtone
- “screen capture” will now trigger an Amber alert (in reply to @LHphotog: oops, I used “ScreenShots” in my last #tech tweet #NoMeta4s #Dupnik #newTone)
- I just hit deadline for American Spectator. But I guess “hit” and “deadline” are both violent rhetoric. #NewTone
- U2’s album [War] will now be called, “Disagreement.” #NewTone
- “Crosshairs” are now to be referred to as “Orthogonally aligned filamentous biomaterial” #NewTone
- In the spirit of a #newtone and getting rid of violent, overheated rhetoric, I call on Rep. Louise Slaughter to change her name
- WiffleBall, with Chris Matthews! #newtone
- “Give me liberty, or deeply inconvenience me!” #newtone
- Johnny Cash rewrite: “I hugged a man in Reno / just to watch him smile” #newtone
- @KeithOlbermann‘s “Not the best person in their general vicinityyyyyy” #newtone
- “Death Panels” to be referred to as “life-challenged panels” #newtone
- White House will be repainted and renamed Off-White House to dissuade ‘black and white” thinking… #newtone
- UN passes resolution for Islamists to use Environmentally-Friendly and Low-Decibel Suicide Bombs #NewTone
Th-th-th-that’s all, folks.